9. Chewy No Bake Granola Bars
These bars being no bake, are so chewy, dense and flavourful. You will not miss the addition of sugar as the raisins, medjool dates and brown rice syrup provides more enough sweetness and the nuts add the much desired crunch we all love in a bar. The coconut butter was a random (much appreciated) addition.
- 120 grams (1 1/2 cups) gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1 cup roasted almonds, chopped roughly
- 2 medjool dates, chopped roughly
- 2 T dried berries of choice
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Dash of sea salt
- 1/2 T cinnamon
- 2/3 cup brown rice syrup*
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (can substitute for any light flavoured oil)
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- In a large mixing bowl, mix up the rolled oats, raisins, almonds, dates and dried berries. Add in the sesame seeds, sea salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a microwave proof bowl, mix the brown rice syrup and coconut oil until well combined. Drop the coconut oil in it and break apart as much as possible.
- Heat in the microwave until melted (time depending on your microwave- for me it was 1.5 minutes)
- Remove from microwave and pour the liquid over the dry mixture and ensure it is very well combined
- Grease a cake tin/baking tray or line with parchment paper. Press the mixture into it and refrigerate immediately. Allow granola bars to set before cutting bars into 6 pieces.
- These bars are easy to adapt to your preferences. Don't have almonds? Sub in some other nut. Hate coconut butter? Go slap yourself silly Sub in almond, peanut or another nut/seed butter. Change up the dried fruit or add something else in. Next time I make this, you can bet some chocolate chunks will be added in!
- * These bars may be difficult to firm up at times- Try increasing the sticky syrup and/or coconut oil.
By Arman @ thebigmansworld