12. VEGGIE LASAGNA CUPCAKES
Yield: about 12-18 cupcakes
- 1/2 package lasagna noodles
- 1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella, sliced (the kind in water)
- 1 (24 oz) jar your favorite Ragu®
- 1 (about 2" wide) zucchini, sliced into 1/8" rounds
- 1 Japanese eggplant, sliced into 1/8" rounds
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Set on a lightly oiled cookie sheet so that the sheets don't stick together.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta, Parmesan, egg, and basil until well combined. Set aside.
- Spoon tomato sauce into 12 muffin cups to coat the bottom. Cut cooked lasagna sheets into 2-inch pieces, or 2-inch rounds if you have a cookie cutter. Place one piece of lasagna noodle in each cup over the sauce. Top with 1 tablespoon of ricotta mixture. Top ricotta with one slice of zucchini, mozzarella, and eggplant and press gently into the ricotta. Cover vegetables with a layer of tomato sauce. Top with a teaspoon of the ricotta mixture. Cover ricotta with a second sheet of pasta, then spread tomato sauce over the top. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- You may have enough ingredients left over to make about 5 more, so go ahead and do so in a second muffin tin!
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 35 minutes. Let cook 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge to release cups.
By Marina at Yummy Mummy Kitchen