11. APPLE CHIPS (IN THE MICROWAVE)
- Apples, washed and dried
- Cut off the ends of an apple, core out the middle (I don't), and thinly slice into 1/8-inch rounds.
- Line a microwave safe plate with parchment paper.
- Place a few apple slices on parchment paper in one single layer. (You will have to do this in batches.)
- Microwave for 4.5 to 5 minutes, or until edges of apples start to curl up.
- Flip each slice and continue to microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until edges are crisp.
- Remove from microwave and let stand 10 minutes, or until crispy and dry.
- Serve immediately.
All microwaves are different; start watching the apples at about the 4-minute mark until you can determine the proper time needed to bake the apples in your microwave.
If the apples are small, about 2-inches in diameter, decrease the time by 1-minute.
RECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD